Back from the wilderness

So last weekend was an interesting one. I went to Bagaces, a small rural town in Costa Rica and meet Odilie's mother, brother, sister, and various nieces and nephews. Daniel, her nephew, took me out on another canopy tour (zip line). Just like the last time I went to do a canopy tour, it poured rain. But it made the zip lines go about twice as fast, so it wasn't all bad.

I also got to meet some pretty great people while I was there. A family from Florida was there on vacation, and we hit it off pretty well. They actually came with Daniel and I on our next excursion, which was to the most beautiful waterfall I have ever seen. It was actually possible to go behind the falling water and jump into the pond trough the water.

Odilie's family treated me extremely well. My bed was a brick, and there were wild monkeys howling all night long, so I didn't get very much sleep at all. But it was a definite experience. I was actually able to find my way there and back on a bus, which built up my confidence in my Spanish. In San José there was a traffic jam that put a two hour delay in me getting back Saturday. Can't say that made me too happy, since my iPod was dead. But I survived.

Tonight I went out with my sister Johanna, two of her friends and Lisa, the exchange student from Germany. Went to a little restaurant and then hung out in the park. It feels so great being outdoors at night in Costa Rica. When National Geographic said Atenas had the best climate in the world, I think they were specifically talking about the nighttime. I wish I could describe it in a way that would do it justice.

The clock is ticking on tico time. Come Friday I will only have a week left in Costa Rica.

0 comments: