It has been a week since the last time I updated this site. My computer is mostly to blame. It's functionality is hanging on by a thread. The slightest bump, nudge or funny look and the thing shuts itself off. Sometimes it comes right back on; other times it takes me hours to get it working again. The problem has to be a lose wire or something.

Anyway, this weekend has been pretty action packed. Patrick, one of the students from CPCC, had a birthday on Friday and his host family threw him a party. All the students from the school came, plus probably another dozen people or so. I jammed out for a while with some other musicians.

Saturday was my first visit to the beach. It was virtually deserted, which was great, and the water was warmer than most swimming pools. I had never seen the Pacific Ocean before. I don't really know what I was expecting. But it was impressive. The waves were larger, more frequent, and faster.

Today I went bungie jumping for the first time. What a thrill. I went with my brother, sister and her boyfriend. I wasn't nervous at all...right until time to jump. They did the countdown, in Spanish..cinco, cuatro, tres, dos, uno...and I froze. I was so high up. But I wasn't about to climb back down of the platform. And so I jumped, or rather, let myself fall. I didn't go down head first like you are supposed to, but had plenty of time to correct my form during free fall. I guess it lasted 10-15 seconds, the original drop. I really don't remember much about it. It was all a blur. I do remember coming back up, though, shooting peace signs to the people watching on the bridge.

0 comments: